Fibre Channel HBA Boot from SAN in Windows
This software license applies only to QLogic customers.
All rights reserved.
1. QLogic Fibre Channel Adapter Preparation
- Press CTRL+Q to access the BIOS setup utility (Fast!UTIL) during system boot-up.
- From the Fast!UTIL Options menu, enable the adapter BIOS by selecting
Configuration Settings > Adapter Settings > Host Adapter BIOS.
- From the Configuration Settings menu, select
Selectable Boot Settings > Selectable Boot option (enable).
- From the (Primary) Boot Port Name, LUN field, press ENTER to select the primary boot device.
- Press ESC to exit Fast!UTIL.
- Select Save changes.
- Reboot the system.
2. Windows 2003 Server Enterprise Edition Boot from SAN Installation Procedure
- Copy the boot from the SAN QLogic package driver to a floppy disk.
- Insert the Windows 2003 Server Enterprise CD into CD drive.
- Press F6 at first CD boot when you see the first Windows Setup screen to specify additional SCSI adapters.
- Type S to specify an additional device after Windows setup displays the following message:
Windows Setup could not determine the type of one or more mass storage devices installed in your system, or
you have chosen to manually specify an adapter currently. Setup will load support for the following mass storage devices:
- Insert QLogic driver package floppy into floppy drive.
- Press ENTER to continue loading driver from floppy.
- Press ENTER to select QLogic Fibre Channel Adapter from the floppy.
- Type S again to use the driver on floppy after Windows setup displays the following message:
The driver you provided seems to be newer than the Windows
- Windows setup displays the message:
Windows Setup will load support for the following mass storage devices.
QLogic Fibre Channel Adapter
- Press ENTER to continue installation using QLogic Fibre Channel Adapter.
Windows Setup loads the QLogic driver and detects all devices attached.
- Press ENTER to continue at the Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition Setup menu display.
- Press F8 to agree Windows Licensing Agreement.
Windows setup displays the list of existing partitions and unpartition space on this computer.
- Select the device and press ENTER to install Windows 2003 on selected device.
- Partition and format selected device and continue installation follow normal Windows installation procedure.
3. Contacting Support
Please feel free to contact your QLogic approved reseller or QLogic
Technical Support at any phase of integration for assistance. QLogic
Technical Support can be reached by the following methods:
North America Contact Information
Phone: (952) 932-4040
Support contact information for other regions of the world is available
at the QLogic website:
Go to Top
© Copyright 2006. All rights reserved worldwide. QLogic, the QLogic logo, and the Powered by QLogic logo are registered trademarks of QLogic Corporation. All other brand and product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.